My Blue Kitchen
Sunday, February 18, 2007
  Lucky Loaf
luckloaf

Sorry, I never posted the Lucky Loaf recipe!!

We have been using the bread machine here about once a week this winter instead of buying bread at the store. We have made this recipe twice and it works well for sandwiches and toast and the kids latest favorite.....egg in the hole. The latest loaf I added some wheat gluten but have not tasted the bread myself to compare the difference. When I asked Neil how the bread was today in his lunch his reply was "It was the best part of the sandwich."

Whole Wheat Honey Bread
Allrecipes.com SUBMITTED BY: Melinda Halvorson
"This is our family favorite! Very moist."

1 - 1 1/2 pound loaf

INGREDIENTS
1 1/8 cups water
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/3 cup honey
1 tablespoon dry milk powder
1 1/2 tablespoons shortening ( I use buttah)
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
DIRECTIONS
Place ingredients in bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select Whole Wheat setting, and then press Start.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
blah blah

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine
ARCHIVES
December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / September 2007 / December 2007 / September 2008 / January 2011 / February 2011 /


Powered by Blogger